(from our friend Kimber)
Yield: 4-6 servings
Time: 15 min prep, 45 min cooking
Difficulty Level: Simple - Moderate
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced thin
- 1 large zucchini, sliced thin
- 1 large summer squash , sliced thin
- 1 large potato (about 6 ounces) - peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup shredded low fat cheddar cheese, divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 eggs -- lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 9-inch pie plate or shallow casserole dish.
- In a large bowl, combine zucchini, summer squash, potato, onion,
3/4 cup of the cheese, eggs, salt, Italian seasoning and pepper
until well mixed.
- Arrange half of the tomato slices on bottom of pie plate.
- Evenly spoon vegetable mixture over tomatoes, pressing slightly
- Arrange remaining tomato slices on top; sprinkle with remaining
1/4 cup cheese.
- Bake about 40 minutes.
Per Serving: 105 Calories; 5g Fat (43.6% calories from fat); 7g
Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 60mg Cholesterol;
Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2