(from "Classic Home Cooking, by Berry and Spieler)
Yield: 2 servings
Time: about 30 minutes
Difficulty Level: Easy
- 3 Tbl olive oil
- 1/2 lb Cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2-4 Cups spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
- 6 eggs
- salt & pepper
- 2 Tbl grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add mushrooms and cook over
high heat, stiring constantly for 7 minutes. Add the chopped spinach
and turn in the oil for 1-2 minutes. Do not allow the spinach
to wilt. Lower the heat.
- Break the eggs into a bowl, add salt and pepper to taste, and
beat with a fork.
- Pour the eggs over the mushroom and spinach mixture and cook
over medium heat for 10 minutes. As the eggs set, lift the frittata
with a spatula and tilt the pan to allow the uncooked egg to run
- When the eggs are set, sprinkle with grated Parmesan and place
the pan under the broiler 4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes
until the top is golden brown and firm when pressed. Serve at
once, cut in half.