Shells in Marinara Sauce
(from the very best baby magazine - 2001)
Yield: 6 servings
Time: 45 min..
Difficulty Level: Moderate
- 12 jumbo dried pasta shells, prepared according to package directions,
- 1 cup (4 oz) shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (8 oz) reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 oz) grated parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 15 oz, marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F.
- Combine 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, parmesan
cheese, egg, and pepper in medium bowl.
- Stuff each shell evenly with cheese mixture.
- Place in ungreased 12x7 1/2 inch (2-quart rectangular) baking
- Pour sauce over shells
- Bake for 25 min. or until bubbly.
- Top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.