Yield: 12 regular-sized muffinsservings
Time: 40-50 minutes
Difficulty Level: Easy
- 1 1/2 C. all-purpose flour
- 2/3 C sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 C mashed extra-ripe bananas (about 2 large or 3 medium)
- 1 lg egg
- 1/4 C (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1/4 C fat-free or light sour cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 C lowfat milk
- 2/3 C semisweet chocolate chips (we like mini M&Ms)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 12 muffin cups with foil mffin
liners or spray muffin cups with canola cooking spray.
- Add flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt to 8 cup measure and
stir with fork to blend. Add mashed bananas, egg, melted butter,
sour cream, vanilla extract and milk to mixing bowl. Beat on medium
until well blended.
- Add dry ingredients to banana mixture while beating on low speed
until just blended (do not overmix).
- Stir in chocolate chips. Use a 1/3 cup measure to fill each
muffin cup about 3/4 full. Bake muffins until tops are pale gold
and a tester inserted into center comes out with some melted chocolate
attached but no wet crumbs (about 30 minutes). Transfer muffins
to rack; cool.